Sunday, October 14, 2012

Happy Hatchday to Me!

June 7, 2012, was the first time that I celebrated my hatchday with my new parents.  My mum gave me a spa treatment the day before so that I’d look squeaky clean and smell fresh on my big day.  Then on the day itself she bought me a hatchday cupcake and prepared me a salad “treat” comprised of minced lieafy greens and acorn squash & carrot cubes sprinkled with my “calcium + vitamin D3 + minerals” powder (either Vionate for adults, or Rep-Cal for babies & juveniles that use basking lamps that don't emit UVB,  or Nutrobal for babies & juveniles that use basking lamps that emit UVB -- these are brand names of a "calcium balancer & multivitamin supplement" that Tortoise Trust, my human's trusted source for advice on tortoise health, recommends. Ask your vet about it or look it up on Ebay; please take extra steps though to ensure that what you are buying isn't fake)..  I turned 2 years old that day, which officially marked my transition from being a baby geochelone sulcata tortoise into a juvenile sulcata tortoise.  That was also the day that I finally showed my parents that I am in fact a “she”, and not a “he”, as my cloaca area had fully developed.  My parents started calling me Princess Peachy or Peachy for short instead of Bruno from that day on.  My first name is Princess because after my bff Koopa died, I became very, very spoiled  :)  I weighed 850 grams then   :) 
"My human bought me a birthday cupcake and prepared me a salad “treat” comprised of minced lieafy greens and acorn squash & carrot cubes sprinkled with my “calcium + vitamin D3 + minerals” powder."
"I turned 2 years old ...
That was also the day that I finally showed my parents that I am in fact a “she”, and not a “he...”
"I weighed 850 grams on my 2nd hatchday.  My human mum ate my hatchday cupcake  :)  "


"My mum gave me a spa treatment the day before so that I’d look squeaky clean and smell fresh on my big day."

If you want to see how big I am now, you may want to read one of my other blog posts:
•         Tipping the Scale

You May Also Want To Read Some of My Other Blog Posts:
•    My Recommended Nom Nomz List: Grasses, Flowers, Greens & Other Sources of Multiminerals 
•       Why Basking in Unfiltered Sunlight is Important For You & Me =)
•       Having A Detox Spa In My Soaking Tub (a topic on the importance of soaking)

•       Work Out Those Muscles & Bones! =)   
•       How I Met My Humans

No comments:

Post a Comment