Friday, November 23, 2012

Signs of New Shell Growth - Pink Outlines on Plastron & White Outlines In Between Scutes

How do you know that you are growing?  Here's how:  Ask your human to pick you up and look at your plastron (bottom shell).  If he/she sees pink outlines in between parts of your plastron, then those pink outlines are signs of new shell growth.  It means that you're still growing  =)
Geochelone sulcata tortoise pink outlines on plastron are a sign of new shell growth. Cute and funny sulcata pet tortoise
"Those pink outlines in between parts of my plastron are a sign of new shell growth"  =)


On the other hand, if your human notices white outlines in between your scutes (parts of your top shell), then assure him/her that those white outlines are signs of new shell growth, too  =)
Geochelone sulcata tortoise pink outlines in between scutes are a sign of new shell growth. Cute and funny sulcata pet tortoise
"The white outlines in between parts of my top shell are signs of new shell growth.  I'm a growing baby girl! lol!"  =)



Off topic: I'm so excited because my human mum joined the Tortoise Trust forum today.  The information on that site helped save my life and I am forever grateful to Andy Highfield & his team.  They have a charity called the "Jill Martin Fund for Tortoise Welfare & Conservation".  I want to post a banner link to that charity's website on here so that they could continue to help tortoises like myself from around the globe  =)  I'll work on this after the weekend.  Have a great weekend, everyone!!!!!!!

5 comments:

  1. Thank you for explaining this so well.x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for explaining! I just noticed the pink line on my tortoise's plastron... I got so worried! I thought it was infection or something! Thank you so much!

    ReplyDelete