Friday, November 23, 2012

Signs of New Shell Growth - Pink Outlines on Plastron & White Outlines In Between Scutes

How do you know that you are growing?  Here's how:  Ask your human to pick you up and look at your plastron (bottom shell).  If he/she sees pink outlines in between parts of your plastron, then those pink outlines are signs of new shell growth.  It means that you're still growing  =)
Geochelone sulcata tortoise pink outlines on plastron are a sign of new shell growth. Cute and funny sulcata pet tortoise
"Those pink outlines in between parts of my plastron are a sign of new shell growth"  =)


On the other hand, if your human notices white outlines in between your scutes (parts of your top shell), then assure him/her that those white outlines are signs of new shell growth, too  =)
Geochelone sulcata tortoise pink outlines in between scutes are a sign of new shell growth. Cute and funny sulcata pet tortoise
"The white outlines in between parts of my top shell are signs of new shell growth.  I'm a growing baby girl! lol!"  =)



Off topic: I'm so excited because my human mum joined the Tortoise Trust forum today.  The information on that site helped save my life and I am forever grateful to Andy Highfield & his team.  They have a charity called the "Jill Martin Fund for Tortoise Welfare & Conservation".  I want to post a banner link to that charity's website on here so that they could continue to help tortoises like myself from around the globe  =)  I'll work on this after the weekend.  Have a great weekend, everyone!!!!!!!

8 comments:

  1. Thank you for explaining this so well.x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for explaining! I just noticed the pink line on my tortoise's plastron... I got so worried! I thought it was infection or something! Thank you so much!

    ReplyDelete
  3. excellent!! very helpful

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome,I too noticed the pink for the first time and thought something was wrong with my Bradley ( Sulcata)....thank you sooo sooo much!!!

    ReplyDelete