Thursday, October 18, 2012

Having A Detox Spa In My Soaking Tub

The sky is clear and the harsh heat from the sweltering sun is bearing down on my keratin and scutes.  Today is a good day to have a 10-minute soak in my tub  :)  Soaking in slightly warm water lets me do several things all at once!  Whenever I'm soaking, I take this opportunity to drink water, absorb water into my dry skin, clean my shell & nails, help me poop and wee, and most of all, soaking helps me flush out the urates thru my cloaca.   You don't believe me?  Try it yourself  :)
"Do you see what I mean? This is what I'm talking about lol! Here I am having a relaxing soak on my tub while listening to my fave song, "I Can See Clearly Now" (by Johnny Nash; I got this from the iTunes Store  :)  I covered my poop with smileys just in case you're eating while reading this post lol! "
"I hydrate myself while soaking even if you don't see me actually drinking water from my mouth.  Sometimes, the water enters my body thru my cloaca. The water is yellowish here because of my wee -- I missed my soak yesterday, which explains why the color of my wee is a bit dark. (pic taken Dec. 2012)"
I like to soak in my tub under the morning/afternoon sun or under my basking lamp, because I easily get too chilly brrrrr!  I could  get sick from the cold water.  Plus my human makes sure that the water level is just high enough to submerge my cloaca (my butt), but shallow enough so that the water level doesn't go higher than the edges of my plastron or doesn't soak my chin.  This way, even if I retract my head into my shell, my mouth & nares (nostrils) would still be above the water.  There was one time when I was younger and my human was still soaking me in too much water, I accidentally inhaled some water into my nares.  My nares got irritated, which later resulted in me getting runny nose  :(  So there you go!  Be extra careful with your water level when soaking in your tub.  Try having this detoxifying 10-minute soaks daily and you will find that it's very refreshing  :)  If you have any questions, just leave a comment below.
"Make sure that the water level is just high enough to submerge my cloaca (my butt), but shallow enough so that the water level doesn't go higher than the edges of my plastron or doesn't soak my chin.  I was only about a year old here."
  
You May Also Want To Read Some of My Other Related Blog Posts:
 •      Whitish Chalky Substance in My Wee

No comments:

Post a Comment